If you are using a sleep mode on your computer you have several ways to wake it up. One is just by moving the mouse. However, there may be a situation where you simply don’t want to wake your computer in this way. For example, if you are working on the same table where your computer is you might move the mouse by accident. In the Windows® operating system you can disable this function. Using the instructions below you can learn how to set up the properties of the mouse device so that it doesn’t bring the computer out of standby mode.
To disable your mouse from bringing your computer out of standby mode:
- Go to “Start > Control Panel > Mouse”.
- Switch to the “Hardware” tab.
- Click on the “Properties” button.
- Switch to the “Power Management” tab and uncheck the “Allow this device to bring the computer out of the standby” checkbox.
- Click on the “OK” button.