Windows Defender has been a native antispyware application in Microsoft Windows operating systems since Windows XP. This is free - maybe we can say bonus - application for all regular Windows users and it offers “basic” security against spyware, adware and other malicious software. Actually, if you have installed a security solution which you trust more and want to be sure that these two application will not be in conflict, you can turn the Windows Defender off. Read the instruction below to know to disable it.
Manual disabling of Windows Defender in Windows 7 or higher:
- Press “Win” key and write “defender” string and press enter.
Or locate the Windows Defender feature in Control Panel.
- Switch to the “Settings” tab.
- Uncheck the “Turn on real-time protection (recommended)” checkbox.
- Click on the “Save changes” button.
- Close the Windows Defender application.