It sometimes happens that an application we have installed on our computer crashes. Windows® operating system simply shows us an error message and closes the application. If this error occurs often, it obviously bothers you during your work. The next step is usually to solve this problem with the application developer and he would probably ask you to provide him with the error log from Windows® event viewer. In this Windows® operating system console you can see information about events in the system, and of course detailed information about errors, exceptions, crashes and failures. In the instruction below you can find out how to launch the Windows® Event Viewer in any version of Windows®, and open the application logs.
Launching Event Viewer console in Windows® instructions:
- Press “Win Key + R” keys combination.
- Write “eventvwr.msc” and press enter.
- Event Viewer gets launched, click on the arrow next to the “Windows Logs” on the left side of the interface.
- Click on the “Application” item.
- Now you can see the application events in the middle column of the interface. You can select any event (error) and see detailed information.